In case anybody is wondering, here’s a chart showing call volume on Friday the 13th. The chart starts back in 2010, and includes 911 responses, cancellations, public service calls, and non-emergency transfers.
As far as we can tell, nobody has done a study showing data on full moons and werewolves. If anybody knows of one, please send us an email. 🙂
On this day, we remember those lives lost in the attack on our nation on September 11, 2001.
Of the 2,977 victims killed in the September 11 attacks, 412 were emergency workers in New York City who responded to the World Trade Center. This included:
• 343 firefighters (including a chaplain and two paramedics) of the New York City Fire Department (FDNY)
• 37 police officers of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police Department (PAPD)
• 23 police officers of the New York City Police Department (NYPD) and
• 8 emergency medical technicians and paramedics from private emergency medical services
• 1 patrolman from the New York Fire Patrol
We will never forget.
Here’s Matt & Mike washing Medic 623 on a beautiful Sunday. It made me think of something I saw a few days ago.
We don’t have to do this. We get to do this.
We’re proud to serve you. It’s our honor. Thank you for helping us help you.