On this day, we remember those lives lost in the attack on our nation on September 11, 2001.
Of the 2,977 victims killed in the September 11 attacks, 412 were emergency workers in New York City who responded to the World Trade Center. This included:
• 343 firefighters (including a chaplain and two paramedics) of the New York City Fire Department (FDNY)
• 37 police officers of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police Department (PAPD)
• 23 police officers of the New York City Police Department (NYPD) and
• 8 emergency medical technicians and paramedics from private emergency medical services
• 1 patrolman from the New York Fire Patrol
We will never forget.